Thursday, November 16, 2006

It is what it is

I had an ahah moment this week, which I think in part has something to do with the fact that I am lying flat out with an acutely sprained back. Nothing like inactivity to get the mind going. I was thinking about my life, where I am, what I am doing, and watching how my mind kept on looking at decisions I’ve taken over the past few years and playing ‘what if’ scenarios. What if I’ve gone there instead of here, made that decision instead of this. Sound familiar? Now I know intellectually that there are no mistakes, no wrong decisions, that all that has occurred in my life is exactly as it should be. I honestly believe that. And, for a fleeting moment yesterday I absolutely 'got' that it is what it is. That is a very freeing moment, a complete acceptance of what is and what will come.

At the same time that this has been going on I have been watching the film The Secret a few times (check out www.thesecret.tv). The whole film is about the Law of Attraction and how we can use it to create in our lives. Nothing new in theory but very powerfully presented and unpacked in a really positive way, it kind of takes it one step further. One statement that stood out last night was that whatever has manifested through thought in your life can be undone though a shift in your thoughts and emotions. In other words just because we have created something we don’t like doesn’t mean that we cannot create something new. You can’t change the past and it’s consequences, but you can influence the future.

Put these two experiences together and I suddenly felt just how powerful thoughts and emotions are. If I have created all that is in my life then I can go create again, and again, and again. There is no end to creation, but by accepting ‘it is what it is’ you take the first step to letting it go and manifesting something new in your life.

What do you need to let go of today? What do you want to create in your life tomorrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Review Blog Search, Weblog Directory Blog Flux Directory Blog Listings Blog Directory