Friday, December 21, 2007




A little something for the New Year

Each year I like to do a ritual to move from the old year to the new. This year the idea that came to me was to include a review of the old, add a dose of gratitude, and then to take through only what I wished for plus some extras in the new. So my offering at the end of the year is this:

Paint your 2008…

Sit somewhere where you will not be disturbed and take some time to review the past year and think about the coming one. Think back through 2007 and identify all the things that stand out for you.

Now imagine that 2007 is a painting – it doesn’t have to be a masterpiece - imagine it as any kind of painting you like, and see all the different aspects of 2007. Things that happened that you liked, and things that you disliked. Changes you made, successes you had, people you met, people you said goodbye to. Experiences you enjoyed, and those that weren’t so nice. Fill in this painting with every aspect of the year. Take a moment to acknowledge them and be grateful for all of them being in your life. Recognise that nothing that happens in life is a waste and we learn from all things.

However now is the time to decide what you choose to leave behind. Step back and in your mind (or in reality if you have actually drawn the painting) taking a large tippex pen and white out all the things that you do not wish to see in 2008. You now have a canvas in front of you with some white gaps, so turn and think about 2008. What would you like to paint into the canvas? What would you like to add, what experiences, achievements, people, successes, surprises would you like to see. When you look back over 2008 come next Christmas what do you want to see in your painting? Draw all these elements into your painting.

This is a lovely exercise as it not only acknowledges the past year but also then focuses on taking what you truly like about your life forward and adding the bits that will make it even better.

Happy 2008.




If this message has sparked your interest and made you think then please feel free to leave a comment - the more the merrier. If you would like to be informed when a new blog is posted please sign up for the blog alert by clicking the link (above to the right) or email me with Alert in the subject line.


If you would like to explore how coaching can empower you to focus on moving towards that place of joy in your life please feel free to contact me to arrange a time for me to call you for a free introductory session. Tel +34 958 639 593 or click here to email me


If you would be interested in attending the Breakthrough to Success seminar mentioned in previous blogs please click this link and you can enrol for free for the next event in either the UK, Ireland, USA or Australia. Please feel free to pass this invitation onto as many people as you like.

4 Comments:

Blogger elisa said...

What a great way to end the year, Jessica!
I like the idea of reviewing by painting everything that happened in 2007 and than erase what I don’t want to take with me and re-paint the gaps with what I want in 2008.
My painting is going to be gigantic, so much has happened in only 12 months. Every year I find myself thinking “what a year!” and then the next is even more eventful than the previous one. And, yes, nothing has been a waste. I have learnt from all the experiences and am grateful for all of them.
At the end of 2007, at last, I feel much more clear about what I want for 2008. And I am going to have lots of fun painting it!
Happy 2008!

9:28 AM  
Blogger www.myf4t.net said...

Thank you Jessica once again! I am grateful for everything that has happened in 2007. For the good and the bad. The whole bag of tricks has made me the person I am today. Looking back each year, helps us see how much we have grown. I look towards 2008 with one desire. That whatever happens to me is the best for my higher self.

May 2008 bring us nearer to the alignment with our higher self, our true destiny.I would like to wish you all a happy and fruitful journey, with all my love, Mia. x

www.myf4t.net

11:54 PM  
Blogger Bon Ami said...

What a wonderful blog. I'm so glad that I've stumbled upon it:) Happy New Year to you.
-M-

9:24 PM  
Blogger 2legcaco said...

Wow, really. I understand... I am also here to share some good thoughts for you guys. I know this really can help. This is about personal branding.

I acknowledged that Branding is important in establishing your reputation. This applies to a person, an organization or a product. Personal Branding is especially important in today’s marketplace for a service provider or a job seeker. Your personal brand is how others compare you with your peers. Those that don’t choose to differentiate themselves are turning into commodities.

In service companies, it is often the person behind the product or service that is its greatest asset. Personal branding builds up your unique value proposition and allows you to stand out from everyone else. Creating your own “personal brand” helps drive yourself to the next level.

I’ve known this site http://brandmelive.com that helps and guides and individual or startup company on how to create your own unique brand that stands out from the rest. In less than a month, I assure you, you will start to experience great amount of success on your brand or business with the efforts you put in. Believe me, I’m one of the million that benefited from that site.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Review Blog Search, Weblog Directory Blog Flux Directory Blog Listings Blog Directory